Two Regina, Sask., floor walkers collapsed in exhaustion after inadvertently following each other through a grocery store for several hours straight, first responders said.
The incident was caused by faulty lighting in the store which made each of the floor walkers see each as darker-skinned than they actually are, a store manager told Walking Eagle News.
“We’re just so relieved they weren’t hurt worse than they were,” said Edward Milton, a spokesperson for the Giant Leopard chain of stores.
“The two floor walkers are being treated for dehydration but should be back on the floor in a couple of days.”
Witnesses say they watched the floor walkers circle repeatedly throughout the store for several hours, peering at each other from behind shelves or standing uncomfortably close while the other pretended to shop, before they both finally collapsed.